Our experts help you stay ahead of ongoing changes to COBRA, ensuring that you are in compliance with Federal regulations. Bene-Care reduces the administrative burden placed on employers by incorporating state-of-the-art system capabilities to efficiently manage and simplify COBRA administration.
Bene-Care COBRA advantages:
- Coordination of all communications and notifications, including the initial notification issued to eligible employees
- Invoicing and collection of premiums
- Open enrollment planning and fulfillment for participants
- Updates of qualifying events and plan changes
- Peace of mind, knowing we’ll alert you to all COBRA changes and new requirements
The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) gives workers and their families who lose their health benefits the right to choose to continue group health benefits provided by their group health plan for limited periods of time, under certain circumstances such as voluntary or involuntary job loss, reduction in the hours worked, transitions between jobs, death, divorce, and other life events. Qualified individuals may be required to pay the entire premium for coverage, up to 102 percent of the cost of the plan.